Author Bio.

The Philadelphia Experiment, Part 2 of 3

Continued from Part 1/3 right here at The Daily Conspiracy!

Reviewing the strange-but-true account of the Philadephia Experiment, before continuing further, Al Bielek and his brother Duncan joined a classified Navy project called “Rainbow” in 1940 as Ph.D. physics engineers.

You Might Like
Learn more about RevenueStripe...

You Might Like
Learn more about RevenueStripe...

The Navy trained them to operate a high-powered electromagnetic generator that, when installed below the deck of a large ship, would be capable of emitting a field strong enough to bend light around the ship, thereby making it invisible to naked eye and radar detection.

Al Bielek explained that the Navy “didn’t want a bunch of sailors” or “ordinary officer running it who didn’t understand the [mathemetical] theory” because unless “you ran the equipment rather carefully and followed certain guidelines, otherwise, you could find yourself dropping out of time altogether…” [emphasis added at the end of Part 1]

~   ~   ~

…”because what we were doing was creating an artificial time zone. It is not that we were pushing ourselves out of the normal time flow – we were doing what you might call a phase shift wherein we were rotating partially out of the normal time field in that local area encompassing the ship.

“The object was to rotate far enough, phase-wise, that all the electromagnetic energy from outside, namely light or radar, would literally wrap itself around the ship and you’d never pick anything up – you don’t see it.”

In January 1942, the Bielek brothers began to work closely with Nikola Tesla to meet a March 1942 test date. Tesla became upset and expressed growing concerns that the amount of energy needed to cloak a battleship, at close range, would be strong enough to “fry the brains of the sailors and possibly kill them.”

Tesla asked the Navy for more time to develop a protective shield, but was refused because “there was a war on.” Consequently, the “very ethical” Tesla purposefully sabotaged the March test, causing it to fail in order to safeguard the Navy personnel involved in the experiment.

Tesla then left the project, recommending that Ph.D. engineer, mathematician and physicist John von Neumann lead the team. His first decision was to redesign most of the equipment.

The Navy actually built two ships named Eldrige with the same number DE-173. The first “unofficial Eldridge” was intended for the invisibility tests, built before the second ship, and kept secret from the public, while the second ship was the one listed on the official Navy record.

By June 1943, the test Eldridge was fitted with an 8-megawatt piezo-electric generator. After passing a standard three-day “shakedown cruise” to ensure the boat’s seaworthiness with ordinary sailors aboard, the Navy searched for a selected crew for the upcoming invisibility test.

The Navy wanted the Eldridge test crew members who would be able to keep the classified nature of the project secret, and who could be tracked for future medical problems resulting from the test.

In the late 1920s and early 1930s, Tesla had designed a “zero time reference generator” for national and international aviation use. It was a navigational system whereby an airplane could travel from one transmitting communications route (channel) to another without any problems with the phasing of the signals, allowing uninterrupted contact between air and ground.

Tesla solved this challenging problem by designing a “master oscillator and master frequency control system so that all of the systems around the world will all be operating in total unison and totally synchronized.”

Tesla’s special piece of equipment, the zero time reference generator, was used in the Philadelphia Experiment. This time, it “established a link to the zero time reference at the center of the galaxy.”

The motor and generator system wound up and locked together. A toothed wheel and magnetic coil pickups, at the back of the generator, phase locked all the basic stable frequencies (i.e., 30hz, 90hz, 150hz) for the ILS (Instrument Landing System) from “every system that exists around the planet, no matter where it is physically located,” with no electrical connection between the transmitters’ physical locations.

The frequencies locked at the zero time reference of the entire galaxy.

On July 22, 1943, a skeleton crew (“half the crew plus some officers”) sailed the test Eldridge about six miles downriver from the navy yard next to Tinicum Island, they stopped, without dropping anchor, to become stationary in order to conduct the test.

There was one observership, a small aircraft carrier, in position adjacent to the Eldridge to observe the invisibility effect. Onboard were Captain Harrison, the Navy officer in charge of the test, with Van Neumann representing the IAS and “technical interests.” About half the special observer crew were stationed above deck, about 75 feet from the nearest electrical coils on the Eldridge, fully exposed to radiation from the Eldridge.

A dozen sailors were also stationed on the deck of the Eldridge to observe what they saw and what happened as the tremendous electromagnetic fields built up and enveloped the ship. Bielek recalled about 32 crew aboard ship.

After receiving a radio signal to start the test, Al and Duncan Bielek “pulled the handles” and “turned up the knobs” from their protected section behind a steel bulkhead door. They turned up the drives to the required power level and turned up the drives for the RF feeds for the antennae system. Meters told them the two fields were functioning and rotating within each other properly. The two brothers waited to see what would happen next.

The Belieks had a radio link to Captain Harrison in the “outside world.” After about 20 minutes, the Bieleks received an order to shut down the equipment because the observers on the second ship had seen the Eldridge “turn invisible.” The only evidence that the Eldridge was there was water displacement in the bay showing an outline of the ship, only wider and longer.

The Eldridge was ordered back to the Philadelphia Navy shipyard. It was only then that the Bieleks learned about the “sick crew” – those on deck were “highly disturbed emotionally and disoriented physically.” They were wandering around the deck and very sick, nauseous.

The deck crew were sent to sickbay, the Navy provided new test crew to replace them, and Van Neumann looked into how to solve the sickness problem since this would interfere with trans-Atlantic crossings.

Then, unexpectedly, on August 1, 1943, the Navy gave Van Neumann a “drop dead” test date: either deliver a successful test by August 12 or lose the project.

The Navy decided they only wanted radar, not optical, invisibility. Van Neumann said it would not be a problem – as indeed he proved true.

Everything involved in the project worked around the clock. By August 9, both Bieleks and many crew members felt uneasy, that something wasn’t right. But Van Neumann and the other officers seemed unconcerned.

The morning of August 12 arrived. The Eldridge returned to the previous test site. This time, three ships were present to observe: a Navy carrier, a Coast Guard cutter, and a merchant ship, all with many crew members topside.

The test ran similarly to the one in June. The Bieleks’ youngest brother Jim, who joined the Navy after the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, had been assigned to the crew.

At 1000 hours (10am) the Bieleks got the order to start the radar invisibility test. For about 70 seconds, observers from the three ships could see the Eldridge through a “greenish haze,” but the radar screens were totally blank.

Then there was a blinding flash of light and the Eldridge disappeared – as did the water line (no more water displacement). The destroyer was gone, not merely invisible to radar.

There was panic on the carrier when they failed to raise the Eldridge by radio.

About four hours later, the Eldridge returned to the spot from which it had departed. Immediately, observers noted some changes through their binoculars: part of the very high antennae system, on top of the main antennae mast, was missing. There was “pandemonium on the ship” and superficial damage to portions of the Eldridge.

Unable to establish radio contact, the carrier sent out a four-man boarding party equipped with two-way radios. According to Bielek, “The first thing they see is two sailors buried in the steel deck, their bodies intermingled with the steel of the deck, dying or dead.”

The boarding party found two more sailors upright in a bulkhead, “essentially dead.”

The fifth man found was alive with his hand buried in a bulkhead. His hand had to be surgically removed and fitted with a prosthetic.

Some of the sailors assigned to deck duty were phasing in and out of visibility, disappearing and reappearing. Crew who existed completely in normal time found they could lay their hands on these phase-shifting unfortunates to impart enough energy to keep them in normal time.

The rest of the deck crew were “wandering around in a manner, and mumbling and making noises like they were totally insane.” Some babbled about extraterrestrials. Apparently, the crew on deck had seen things no one else had, and Al was convinced later that there had been an ET infiltration during this event. Notwithstanding, the Navy medicos termed these men “insane” and packed them off to the funny farm.

With only one exception, all crew members below deck escaped harm because “the fields would not penetrate that much steel.” The affected man had one arm turn invisible. He could use it normally, but no one could see it. The medical solution was to bandage it and say the man was injured.

There was no one in the conning tower of the Eldridge and the captain did not respond. A second boarding party was sent to return the ship, under its own power, to the Navy yard and offload everybody.

The only damage sustained by the Eldridge, in addition to the antennae tower, was a bent railing, boilerplate in one of the gun turrets, and some superficial damage to the steel outer structure. Otherwise, the ship was fully functional.

~   ~   ~

To Be Continued in Part 3/3 right here at The Daily Conspiracy!

  1. Post Author

    This is hard

  2. Post Author

    Hard to believe but true.

  3. Post Author

    Utter S.F. fantasy!

  4. Post Author

    Complete BS!!! So, so many improbables in this story. The most blatant one is when the first ship was supposedly operating the other ship ‘radioed’ to it to let them know it was working contradicts the premise of bending light or radar. Radio waves would not be able to reach the ship!

  5. Post Author

    How will this information or the results of these test be used or has been used to humanity’s advantage now or in the future? Men died to move us closer to desirable results. Was it worth it?

  6. Post Author

    This is NOT they only unethical experiment the military has performed at the expense of soldiers who were duped into participating by being told they were serving their country. Dig deeper.

  7. Post Author

    I am really enjoying the series on the Philadelphia Experiment. I am learning about things I had no idea had happened. Very riveting!

  8. Post Author

    Get real ! Get a life !

  9. Post Author


Leave a Reply