Author Bio.

This UFO Abduction Was No Fish Story

One of the most well-documented and equally extraordinary UFO abduction cases comes from Pascagoula, Mississippi. Two men, 19-year-old Calvin Parker and 42-year-old Charles Hickson, went night fishing on October 11, 1973, when their lives changed forever.

The two hopeful anglers had cast out from a pier in the Pascagoula River when the High Strangeness began. The fish weren’t biting and the men felt frustrated. It was the early evening.

You Might Like
Learn more about RevenueStripe...

All of a sudden, a strange craft descended from the sky and stopped in front of them, hovering a few feet above the ground and only a few yards distant.

The two shocked fishers had no chance to run before an opening appeared in the craft and three humanoid creatures floated out. They grabbed the men. Once inside their craft, both men were given medical exams. At one point, both were so terrified they were sure they were about to die.

Minutes later, though, both Parker and Hickson were deposited back on the riverbank and the craft took off. The raced off in the car, found a public phone booth, and dialed the local sheriff. Soon afterward, they arrived at the sheriff’s office to make their official statements.

The improbable story must have been convincing and the duo must have seemed credible because the sheriff believed them. Hickson agreed to a lie detector test – and passed.

No less a personage than Prof. J. Allen Hynek of Project Bluebook fame. The astrophysicist interviewed both experiencers and concluded that “These men are not crackpots.”

Furthermore, “Under no circumstances should they be ridiculed.”

Hynek was referring, of course, to the U.S. government’s ongoing covert operation to debunk UFOs. The tactics of denial, ridicule, and distraction have convinced the masses over the decades that you must be crazy to believe in UFOs.

Nothing could be further from the truth, as serious ufologists realize when viewing official documents either leaked or disclosed under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).

After a weekend’s worth of interviews, Hynek learned that the two Mississippi shipyard workers said they were forced to board a spaceship that fateful night.

Both men said the strange flying ship was not in the form of a flying disc or saucer. Instead, it was an oblong oval shaped like a fish that emitted a blue haze. The witnesses estimated that the aircraft measured 30 feet long. Blue lights flashed and they heard a buzzing sound coming from it.

A Baptist minister driving his car with two other men and a gas station attendant also reported hearing the aerial vehicle.

The three alien abductors depicted by Parker and Hickson were nothing like the stereotypical small grey aliens with large heads and piercing black, almond eyes that most people associate with ETs today.

These humanoid monsters stood about 6 feet tall with one head, two arms, and two legs. They wore no clothes but were covered by wrinkly skin. Each of the two hands and feet looked like the pincer claws of a crustacean (crab or lobster).

The head had no human features – eyes, ears, nose or mouth. Instead, spoke-like projections jutted out from the front, back, and both sides of the faceless head. The men thought these served as the aliens’ ears.

If that weren’t shocking enough, these bizarre beings floated completely upright a few inches above the ground!

Hynek is the insider expert on UFOs who, at the beginning of his career working with extraterrestrial craft and the beings who occupy them, attributed most such sightings to “swamp gas” or the planet Venus, easily explained away (denial). In this case, the astronomer set the record straight:

“I can definitely say that it was not swamp gas. The mountain of evidence and the profligation of reports make the occurrence interesting.”

But the government’s civilian scientist frontman stopped short of stating the obvious, that Parker and Hickson were indeed seized by hideous creatures not from around here and forced aboard their spaceship. Instead, Hynek dodged:

“It would be premature to say anything like that. One snowflake doesn’t make a snowstorm.”

With all due respect, what does that even mean, sir?

The two UFO abductees underwent hypnosis with limited results. But Hynek agreed that both men had suffered a severe and genuine shock:

“After talking to these men I am convinced that these men have had a terrible experience of some sort. Their experience was so traumatic that it was essential to progress slowly.”

Jackson County Sheriff Fred Diamond attested that the pair were mortified, “scared to death and on the verge of a heart attack.”

Radiation tests performed on both men yielded negative results.

James Harder of the Aerial Phenomena Research Organization (APRO) also arrived in the Gulf Coast to interview both abductees, adding to the mountain of documentation surrounding this intriguing paranormal case.

After the story broke, Hickson gave public lectures and talk show interviews. He self-published a book in 1983 titled UFO Contact at Pascagoula. Hickson reported another close encounter of the third kind with ETs in 1974. This time, the aliens told him they were “peaceful.”

Charles Hickson died of a heart attack at age 80 on September 9, 2011 – two days before the 9/11 attacks in the United States.

Parker began attending UFO conventions to share his mind-boggling ordeal. In 1993, the contactee started a television production company called “UFO Investigations” to air serious UFO accounts. In 2018, Parker self-published his version of what happened all those years ago, a book called Pascagoula – The Closest Encounter: My Story.

Parker is alive today and made his last speaking appearance in 2019.

Leave a Reply